Sunday, July 29, 2007

What housework?

I should so be cleaning my room, or sorting through boxes and getting rid of junk, or writing in my journal, or knitting on one of several projects right now, rather than goofing off on the internet. I'm not bored, really, just full of pizza (cousin luv, cousin luv, but not in any icky kind of way, you weirdos) and afraid to disturb the radioactive dust that covers my belongings. You know, someday I really need to figure out how to read and knit at the same time, because there are some books I just can't audio-style, Lord of the Rings being one of them. I know I'm starting a hair early in the season, but somehow it just seems appropriate. *stretches and sighs* I love being a dork!!

I'm really falling more in love with my house the more I live in it. I've even become accustomed to the yellow (cream, whatever) walls. With Moo gone we can open the blinds on his sliding door, and the view is all nice and dappled and green and really lights everything up. The ants have been getting in through the windowsill over the sink and there's this little pile of crumbs behind one of the plants, evidence of Things Too Large To Get Through The Hole. I sat and watched them try to get a strip of Asiago cheese in there for about fifteen minutes one time. They must have done, because I never saw it on the counter. Don't get me wrong, I have also sweetly set out some Terro in the hope that they will all die and their little ant bodies with rot under the house rather than come and eat my food, but they can definitely be entertaining as well.

1 comment:

Falling LEAVes said...

I can't stand audio books because most of the ones I find are abridged. the horror the horror