Monday, December 10, 2007

Psychic

Contrary to the opinion held by many, including (until today) myself, I. Am Psychic. Yes, I, Mindy the Magnificent, am able to read peoples' minds. You question me, citing my apparent difficulty with being sympathetic, much less empathetic or telepathic?? Behold, The Proof:

A contractor called and asked if we carry rebar. I told him that yes, we do. After getting his name, I told him that I could predict what he was going to order. His order would be, in point of fact, rebar. I was correct, of course. Then he decided to get tricky and asked me what exactly he was planning on ordering. After a few milliseconds searching the ether for the answer, I stumbled upon his brainwaves and told him "25 pieces of number 3 rebar." He started laughing and said, no really, this is what he honestly said, "you're right!" I laughed, too, and was all, "you're just trying to make me feel good about being completely wrong," but apparently I really was right!!!! *laugh* It was so funny!! We both had a good laugh about it, punctuated by me saying "no, seriously, is that really what you want?" Ahem, I mean, yes, I, Mindy the Mellifluous, have triumphed against the skepticism of ... people... um.... like me. It almost totally made up for some of the stupid things I had done earlier in the day, like get out of bed. I think I may have to post a picture of my bed, because it may be the world's most snuggly, comfortable, dangerously warm bed. But I did get out, and I did have my incredible psychic moment *snickers* and now I get to go back to bed. Whoo hoo for bedtime!

PS Happy birthday my darling Nicio!! Again I am the worst cousin/ex-roomie! But someday I will remember!!
PPS It is so stinking cold right now. And no snow of course. But it is pulling up the fog, so my castle is once again shrouded in mysterious mist. Unfortunately, I got home too late to really enjoy it by reading old mystery novels or Two Towers. Or finish writing more Christmas cards.
PPPS I have decided that as much as I like the Phantom of the Opera movie, as far as soundtracks go I definitely prefer the original cast recording, even though I think I would probably be cast as the prima donna.
PPPPS G'night, all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressive. Decidedly impressive. I knew you were talented, but not THAT talented!