Saturday, February 23, 2008

Excuse # 14 For Why I Can't Sleep Before Midnight

Ophelia snores.

And she does it while sleeping on my bed, sometimes even up by my head.

Alright, so it's more of a whistle and it's really cute, but still, can't I use that as a valid excuse for why I cannot manage to get to bed before midnight?

No? Yeah, I didn't figure anyone would go for it. I'm hoping that Ophelia is behaving herself outside right now and that perhaps the weather (I can hear the rain over my stereo) will drive her in before 6am tomorrow. By behaving I mean I hope I don't get another gift of mouse, snake or bird on the stairs in the morning.

Oh, so, completely unrelated but completely disconcerting: I went to a YSSO concert with my friend this evening (ahhhh, memories!!! I miss Youth Symphony so much! My conductor hasn't changed a bit, which was lovely.) and the conductor dedicated Les Preludes by Liszt to a former YSSO violist who had just passed away from cancer, and the girl (woman) who died was someone I had gone to high school with and played in orchestra with for years!!! I had no idea that she was even back in the valley, much less that she had died. And she was 26 or something. I don't want to really wax rhapsodic about it and the frailty of life, etc., because I never seem to manage to convey the wonder of life and how fleeting it really is and how often we take it for granted. *pause* I don't remember life being this ironic when I was a little girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your fellow youth symphony member. There's a lot of things life is now that it wasn't when we were little, I notice.

LaDonna said...

I have not been able to get to bed before 2 am lately. Of course, this is due to the fact that I have been jobless and I'm a night owl. I am forcing myself to get on a more regular schedule.

A few months ago, I went to my sister's youth symphony concert and a wave of nostalgia came over me. I miss it, but I'm enjoying having Saturdays free. Like Mel, I offer my condolences for your former youth symphony mate.

I just sent my resume to you a few minutes ago :D

Falling LEAVes said...

hmmm can i borrow some of your excuses? j/k

Anonymous said...

I have to post anonymously cause I forgot my password darn it. I miss ya Mindorph. I keep meaning to log on to tell you about Ravelry.com which is an awesome knitter/crocheter community, and you would love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did your mom tell you hi for me? Anywho, talk atcha later,
Pheather

Mindy said...

Pheather!!!! I'm on Ravelry too!!!!! Do you belong to the State of Jefferson group? Email me your name and I will search to the ends of the earth to find you. Oh, and have you heard anything about a ten year reunion??