Thursday, August 06, 2009

Autumn in summer

I love the strange, unpredictable weather of Southern Oregon. Last week it was blisteringly hot, enough so that pretty much everyone was in a foul mood, and today it was cloudy and rainy, with temperatures reaching for the upper 70s. It was a great day for tea, cucumbers and New Moon during my lunch break and red Thai curry for dinner with a little Buffy and Twilight... and maybe some Ray Kowalski. Yesterday was a day for clips from LotR on YouTube, the last episode of North & South, and Penelope, not to mention a used bookstore in the evening. It's been kind of nice to have two days in a row to myself in the middle of the week. My biggest dilemma this week is between the Sock Summit and the Tioga rendezvous. I can't leave before three on Friday and I have to be home before Sunday morning, so either one is going to be a short visit, but I'm going to do one or the other, and I just can't decide!

No comments: