Saturday, July 23, 2005

Fair quality...

...has been suffering the last couple of years. We (Matt, Brianna, Chelsea and myself) went tonight and stayed a little under two hours, which is about the same length of time Matt and I tarried last year. I should have saved the money Mom gave me to drive up to the State Fair in September where I could have seen cool things. I don't know if the Fair really has lost quality or if my impressions have changed as I've aged. Opinions, anyone?

The weather continues hot, and yes, I realize that everyone in California has it worse off than me, but I still want to complain. One good thing is that ye olde gardene is mostly flourishing, minus my pepper plants which seem to be a little stunted. The tomatoes have decided that their personal space isn't enough and invaded the crookneck squash. *sighs* The drama of gardening is never-ending.

As my faithful readers may have picked up my cousins Brianna and Chelsea are here for a week visiting. Last night we went with my mom on her company picnic to the Hellgate Jetboat dinner. Very wet, especially as denim doesn't drive too quickly (doesn't dry too quickly either), but it was a lot of fun. Today we goofed off before going to the fair and, more enjoyably, to WinCo to stock up and Ben & Jerry's was on sale.... need I say more? We are now watching episodes of Frasier in an intense effort to wake Matt up with bouts of wild cackling. Ah well, enough of my scintillating life for now, you guys... oh wait!! Happy Birthday to Miss Ellen, who turned 9 today, as well as to my aunt Lynn, cousin Troy, cousin-in-law Michelle, and several other people!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will keep in mind fact about denim, in case ever need faster getaway. That explains how I got caught last time...
Both theories on the FF (fair front)seem likely. Quality down because of efforts at growth and attempts to appeal to a fickle public... This would also affect one's impressions, which are prone to change anyhow. Chances are, thought, that the fairs really WERE better when we were younger.
Ben & Jerry's, on the other hand, should remain true to original impressions for a while longer... Have a splendid week. From the sound of things, it will prove a memorable one for Matt as well... *grin*

Bryan said...

The Fair sucks. 'Nuf said.

Stacy said...

Yeah the fair has for sure gone down hill...and rather quickly I might add.

Now the one here in Sacramento actually goes for 2 weeks (if I'm not mistaken) and although I've not yet made it there, I've heard nothing but good reports about it.

Just in case you wanted to come down here and visit us in our rather HOT weather = )

Anonymous said...

As long as fairs continue to sell onion blossoms, they are okay in my book!!

Stacy said...

I would have to agree with Mel that nothing beets some of the good fair food....well there are a fiew things in the way of food that aren't so good.

But I will say that they do have some pretty good food that only the fair can supply = )

And besides doesn't everyone love the animal barn...

Pigs
Cows
etc...

Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bryan said...

I see enough pigs and cows roaming the street, bellies and udders hanging out everywhere. I don't need to pay $7 to see them at the fair.

As far as food though, I have to agree. An Elephants Ear topped with cinnamon, sugar and honey. Ohhh mama.

Put that in a fat boy's book.

Mindy said...

I LOVE the elephant ears. And it's $8 now. I would have more fun if they did have more arts/crafts and 4H stuff, which I always thought was the point of the Fair. Ah well. Bry, most eloquently put about the bellies and udders, bravo.

Stacy said...

You know in all honesty I really didn't need that picture painted for me in bright florecent colors.
I was doing just fine with out it.

Thanks Bry!