Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Return of the Mindy

My brother just informed me that someone, somewhere, is working on Robocop: The Musical. He is also currently obsessed with Silence of the Lambs: The Musical. Please hold while I sit in a kind of stunned incredulity. *moment* Thank you. So, yes, I'm home after three rather eventful weeks away at Campmeeting. I had a fabulous time and I'm already missing everybody!! (Hello Sherilyn!!!!!) I also got kicked out of the laundry room two and a half times playing with the Laundry Room Band, which was comprised of Jake Warbucket, Joel McMakeshift, and myself, Mindy McFiddlesticks. We had some truly awesome jam sessions (Rock on, guys!!!)

Anyway, your weather update is that it is stinking hot and I'm going to the river later with Matt and some friends. Oh for the days when I used my AC without worrying about gas mileage!! My garden is looking a little shaggy, so I'll be working on getting it back to beautifully productive and yanking weeds out of walkway crevasses (I just know that's the wrong word. I sense another 'c' somewhere.). I also get to do serious room-cleaning as my cousins are coming to stay with us for a week (I really don't want to think about the amount of junk that is going to have to be shifted).

Oh, oh, oh!!! Congratulations to Florin and Jill, who got engaged Saturday evening!!!! *shrieks and jumps around* Campmeeting was very interesting this year *wiggles eyebrows* and I made quite a few new friends (hello Tolu!! Or have you found my site yet? Tell your brother hello for me.). In about two and a half weeks I'm leaving again to go to Midwest Campmeeting, which is going to be an absolute blast, and I'll get to see some of you again. On that note, I'm going to go and drink my tea and eat something, so I will rave about things some other day!!!

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there for that awesome jam session. I would have loved to have gotten that all on camera.

Mindy kicked out of the laundry room, un-thinkable! Oh but to have it happen 2 times...unheard of! So whats this half business all about, how do you get kicked out of the laundry room 2 and 1/2 times? Do explain

Oh yes and while you were still up in P-Town I created my own blogging page, so feel free to read and coment at your leasure.

Glad to hear you had an awesome time up there, I'm sure your totally EXCITED to be going to Mid-West Camp, and you will of course have a complete blast. Hopefully you won't get kicked out of anything while you're there.

Remember Mindy, you're there to represent Medford...*Tee Hee Hee*

Mindy said...

The half was when we didn't have the drumming bucket and Donna was just beginning to look at us sideways before we left. Although in that case it was a little late at night...

Anonymous said...

How wonderful it is to have Mindy home and posting on her blog!! I missed her so... nothing to read while I was at work. And even after my chiding her about not writing, I don't even get mentioned. *sigh* I see how it is. I'm just joking Mindy =) When I was at Barnes and Noble the other day buying an evil book, I saw Pride and Prejudice for 5.95 and it made me think of you. I might have to check it out sometime in the near future... Anyways, good to have you back!

Mindy said...

Well, Mel, the problem is that I often forget things just as my fingers go to type them. I have had great and important things to say that have disappeared into the ether, never to be seen again. Ah well, I had another comment, but see previous problem.

Anonymous said...

Mindy's back. Wow. Call the President of Mexico, Vicente Fox. Buenos dias mija. By the way Mindy, I still have to file my report with the Guard Authority of the Campgrounds. Your band will be cc'd on the final report.

Yes congrats to Florin and Jill. Ahhhhh kids... I remember when I was young.

Midwest Camp? Go for it Mindy. Never know what special someone you may meet there. =) Jk. But it's true, you never know.

So at work today, I explained to a co-worker what a blog was. How many people in the AF have blogs? How many in Medford? How many in White City? Blog on!

Stacy said...

What about Sacramento? Am I a nothing? Does Sacramento not count?

When are you gonna get a blog Simon?

Anonymous said...

My, I'm so glad you're home, Mindy!
Not enough drama in my life, so I get to live through yours.

I visited your site the very next day I got home (Monday, July 11th). I'm still reeling from your roller-coaster blogs.

By the way, I chewed gum as you suggested. It worked! Who would have thought an under-appreciated often-trodden piece of gum could relieve high-pressure blues at 40,000 feet!

Well, I'm much better now and my world is still crazy. You know, I really should be on my way to church... It's Sunday and it's almost 9:00 ;-) :-)

Catch ya later, Mindy! Stay hyper (and highly combustible)! I wouldn't love you any other way!