Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A cheese and pickle sandwich...

... a lemon cucumber, Norah Jones, a filling moon, and the sound of the autumn breeze in the trees. What more could I ask? I was just outside watering and realized I felt incredibly content. My nasturtiums have rallied (slightly) and they're just beautiful splashes of color against the dead grass color of everything else. I was a little sad when I thought about next year and how I won't be able to harangue my parents into planting certain things, and I'm sure my foxgloves and snapdragons are going to get the boot, but I still get to enjoy them this year. Have I raved yet about how much I like this time of year? Especially with this kind of weather. It's in the mid- to upper-70s, low 80s, but there's a bite of something in the air that let's you know fall is here. I can't wait until the leaves start turning! We have some spectacular color shows here, and I always mean to get pictures and hardly ever do. One year I had a ton on the digital and my mother accidentally erased them. It was difficult to overcome my raging bitterness, but I feel I am a better person for the effort. Hmm, I wonder if Matt will notice if a little more of his ice cream goes missing... or perhaps some cookies from his "secret stash" (shouldn't have raided it while I was watching. Ah well, I won't torment you more with my content, air-headed ramblings... tonight. Be prepared for when school starts again and I have to avoid doing homework on a regular basis. Things could get ugly. I'm actually planning on living part of the weeks with friends closer to school in a desperate attempt to conserve money. I said I was done, okay, okay, I'm done.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know about this build a free web site website that pretty much covers build a free web site related stuff.

You could by to check it out, when you get the time. They have good stuff!!

MsPoppins20 said...

Wow.... I don't even know how to respond to the above comment. I mean, the site is called build a free web site and it covers "build a free web site related stuff." Yah, wow. I think you should leave it there just because it is so redundant =)

Anyway, Autumn is my favorite time of year too! And needless to say, it comes a little sooner to Seattle than it does to Medford, so the leaves have already started to change here. Yay autumn! And pumpkins... and apple cider... and chilly weather... and homemade donuts... and warm fires in the fireplace... and rain storms... and football games... and MARCHING BAND!

Anonymous said...

I can just picture your evening, cucumber and all, and it does sound marvelous. Small blessings are sometimes the best...
I was just this evening thinking of your comment in the previous post, about how fall just simply and suddenly IS. I'm not at all ready for this, yet I know that you like it, so would you mind trading weather? PLEASE?!! I'm feeling desperate for more of that low 80's stuff of which you speak, and hate the very thought of sweaters (except Arisaig and Samus... That goes without saying)

Stacy said...

Oh Mindy, how your post makes me long for the AWESOME weather that Medford has. For those who have never been to Medford during this awesome time of year, you must take a little drive to this beautiful town.

Oh and the colors....What about Oregon Street, just above the church? Is that not one of thee most beautiful streets in the valley? I know there are many more, but that one is the first one that comes to mind. Oh and Lithia Park...Oh how the list goes on and on...

Mindy be sure to get some pictures for this year and download them before your mother gets a hold of the camera again and erases them all = )

See you at the Youth Conf.!

Mindy said...

I've already started carrying my camera and hopefully I'll get a nice series of pictures to start posting. I might put them on Bebo or I might get ambitious and learn how to post them on here.

Pheather said...

Well Madam Min, It has been awhile since I last visited, and what do I see, you have a boyfriend. May I be the one who hoots with laughter (or shall I say snort since that is what I really do).

I love fall too, soon I will get to hear one of my favorite noises, which is the sound of me stepping on a freshly fallen leaf, there is no better onomatopoeia than the crunch that is made when I am doing that. By the way Jennifer Michelangelo says hi and that she misses hanging out with you and Lindsey, as well as do I. (you need to meet Amelia, cause she can laugh now and I will get her to laugh about you having a boyfriend, snicker snicker). All sarcasm aside, I am happy for you, Pheath

Rational Icthus said...

New post that AF'ers might find interesting and/or exciting on The Fish

Sorry Min, don't mean to advertise, but this one's too good to not mention.