Wednesday, April 26, 2006

*furtive glance*

...and so I can't understand why everyone keeps saying it's been so long since I last posted when anyone can see that it's been in the last six months! Sorry guys, I've been moving into an apartment with my brother and getting adjusted to the job and, well, I just haven't had fast enough net access to be honest and I hate waiting for things to load. Don't worry, RatIck (oh, I think I like that one), I've bought some of my plants and now I'm just waiting to get moved in so I can concentrate on the little backyard that will soon be my Garden of Eden. I've decided that I'm going to have a vegetable garden so I can experiment with things like heirloom plants and different planting styles, and I'll just fling flowers around to brighten things up. Okay, I'm really soory, I have plenty of things to blog about, but I have to get back to work. Bye!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, at last all those days of faithfully checking for a new post have paid off.... I love it when that happens!

Brinicio said...

After spending record time in the depths of the oceans the elusive creature surfaces briefly for air. We can only marvel at what wonders must lie below the waters surface. At sixty-five feet in length and seventy tons in weight this is doubtless a titan of the sea. Feeling privileged at the such a rare sight, we watch in silent awe. ;)

Rational Icthus said...

OK, OK, RatIck will do the garden update for Mindy, since employment has apparently sapped her will to post. I know she is between gardens, but at least she could post pics from her seed catalog!

We just got done putting in the new garden in the front of the house. I had tons of large river rock in our as-yet-undeveloped backyard, so I made a natural border and planted several new Rhodies, some already in bloom! They look very nice.

In the backyard, I've got a very wet corner in need of some water-loving plants, so I created another rock border, laid down some wonderful mix of topsoil, manure, mulch and sand and laid in a full patch of the most beautiful ferns, all surrounding a small fountain. Once they grow in and fill in the space it should be beautiful. I'm currently hiding onions and strawberries behind the plants for a wonderful harvest later this year!

So there you have it. Grass is going into the back in the next few weeks, anybody wants to help, come on up!

Bryan said...

It is merely out of respect. If I am the Godfather of AFC blogging, then you are the Godmother. They are just showing due reverence to hear from their sweet, doting benefactor.

Brinicio said...

Mindy I bought a plant! ......and it has already begun to wilt and die....even thought I watered it, sheltered it, told it looked prettier than that greenhouse plant. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaDonna said...

Apr 26th...May 13th...hmm

MsPoppins20 said...

You guys are all so boring, I can barely stand it!

Mandy Sue said...

Goodness! Are you still alive???

Mindy said...

Um, I already have my degree, thank you. And Chris, your garden sounds wonderful!! I'll try to tell about my little slice of... wilderness as soon as I can.