Sunday, May 04, 2008

Picture Time!

Yay for pictures!!! I figured that my lack of pictures lately should be rectified by a sudden blast of pictures. Don't worry, I do have others, including one with me in the Harry Potter-esque glasses I wore up until I got my sexy librarian glasses. Why did no one tell me how dorky I looked??

Behold the amaryllis. My college graduation present from my grandma, which didn't bloom last year, but this year put on a beautiful, albeit brief display:


And the mighty sundew, catcher of small gnats and fascinating science:


A new haircut and the realization that I have my father's eyebrows and chin, as does my brother, my maternal grandmother's mouth and I'm not quite sure where the nose and eyes came from:
And now, a lovely purple bloom from Ashland. I believe this is called a tulip tree and if I ever grow up I want to have one in my yard:They have similar trees in front of the old library and I always loved them. I wish I had pictures of the cherry (?) trees that are blooming right now. They look like they have puffballs dripping off the branches.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for pictures! The amaryllis and you both look stunning...

Anonymous said...

Upon further reflection, I meant no slight to the sundew, which is also very cool...

Anonymous said...

aw..............What a beautiful lady and awesome plants...or what an awesome lady and beautiful plants....hmmm.....that could go either way!!!
HEidi