Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Autumn is here!

Yay, w00t and amen!!  The last week or so it's been in the 90s around here, although the leaves were starting to fall in places.  But today the wind started blowing and when I came home there were drifts of  pine needles in the driveway.  The weather site says a series of fronts is moving (are moving?) into the area and the clouds are definitely here.  I was thinking how much more fun it was before I started paying attention to things like warm and cold fronts and the weather changes were just these strange, inexplicable events that no one could predict!  Not that they always can nowadays, but you know what I mean!

Sacramento Special Meetings were this weekend and I went down with eleven other people in the church van.  It was definitely interesting!  Fortunately the smoke wasn't too horrendous before we hit the valley, so the drive was actually quite lovely.  I need to go visit Lassen.  Maybe later this month....

I got roped into playing some "fiddle" (quotation marks are to indicate my relative skill at that particular style) and by the end of the day, I didn't think I would be able to lift my arm for the last number!  I had a great time, got to see my family and friends, which is always wonderful, and connected with people I haven't gotten to see or know so well in the past.  And of course there was food, good food, and plenty of it!  Although I had plenty of stress leading up to the trip (my manager and permission slips.  Between the two I nearly ground my teeth to powder!) I must say that I'm glad I went.  The services were excellent and I must extend a huge THANK YOU to the lovely people who made it all possible!

4 comments:

Zachary J. Miles said...

Fall is here all right! I was looking at the 7 day forecast and it's supposed to be in the upper 50's to low 60s. YES!!

I love the fall soooo much. It is probably my most favorite time of year. In fact I just had a "Candy Cane Mocha" this morning before I came out to Ashland and it was scrumptious . . . fall is here to stay!!

Sorry for my mini-blog.

Stacy said...

WHAT where did you have a Candy Cane Mocha?? I've been wanting one for a very long time, and I have yet to find a place here in town that is making them??

Oh yeah thats right I'm supposed to be responding to Mindy's blog not Zach's "mini-blog"

Mindy I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who LOVES fall! I mean I know there are others out there, but none who TRULEY love it the way we do :)

And also THANK YOU for coming down and supporting our special meetings! It was WONDERFUL to have you hear. I could have listened to play fiddle all night long, you ROCK (like all my caps?).

Zachary J. Miles said...

I'm sorry Mindy but I must reply to Stacy's comment because a really serious issue must be addressed . . .

Stacy-

It is not necessary for a coffee establishment to be offering a "Candy Cane Mocha" as a special. Just because it isn't quite that time of year does not mean you can not partake of the wondrous deliciousness of a Candy Cane Mocha. All one needs to do is simply order a Peppermint Mocha and voila! you have yourself a Candy Cane Mocha.

And as far as where I purchased said drink, Dutch Bros. is already serving them up!

NitaBonita said...

Fall is ABSOBUBBLUTELY my favorite season. I love the smell of the air, especially when it rains and you can smell rain and leaves. Oh and the change of the leaves has to be my ULTIMATE favorite. I remember when I was a kid I use to like raking up all the leaves in one big pile and then jumping in them. I always said If I ever get married I would love to have a fall wedding. Anywho.. Fall is Wonderful and I'm glad it's here and I wish we could have it all year around.