Monday, October 06, 2008

Yarn Harlot

I love this lady! 

So, you've possibly by now heard the phrase "to kinnear" someone, meaning to surreptitiously snap a photo of them, usually used in reference to celebrities.  Well, she's the one who coined the term by attempting a photo of Greg Kinnear (of course!) and getting.... I can't remember, I think she did get part of him other than his leg.  Anyway, she has announced a charity drive for Doctors Without Borders (Medisomethings Sans Frontieres, since she's in Toronto, I believe) inspired by the success of a fellow knitter in convincing Mr. Kinnear to let her take a picture of him holding anon-the-needles sock! 

She explains it much better here.  It's nice to remember that the world is not all darkness and despair, even though it IS an election year.

Continuing with the knitting theme, the weather is here!  It is beautiful!  And cooling off!  But still sunny after our beautiful burst of rain!  Tonight is my knitting group at our local Starbucks (because we couldn't find a locally-owned coffee shop that stays open late enough) and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what people are making.  I myself have started a new little scarf in a variegated autumn-y alpaca.  We'll have to see if it gets finished before winter is totally here!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

After you read this comment, please go visit my page..... :)