Friday, February 26, 2010

All aboard!

I'm interviewing with the state next Wednesday for a bilingual office position. Through an interesting series of events I'm employed but.... not entirely. I'm taking this as a sign from God that it's time to move out. If I keep waiting to feel like I'm capable of handling a change, I'm never going to do anything, and something needs to be done. I haven't told Becky yet, since she's working on Bryan's reception tomorrow, sooooo, um, please don't say anything to her! There seems to be a hefty dose of denial about me leaving, even though I've told her I'm planning on pursuing another job.

I've also been on a crazy cleaning binge, thanks to carpet beetles (!!!!) somehow having found their way to my yarn/knitting. And also thanks to How Clean Is Your House, a wonderful BBC show that inspired me to take a really good look at how I was living, and then clean some of it up. Apparently a small space crammed with lots of stuff plus woolly things/yarn stored out in the open combined with a poorly functioning (read: burning and sparking) vacuum cleaner leads to the appearance of carpet beetles. I've vacuumed all the carpet I can reach, moved furniture, cleaned up boxes, taken a box of sheets to St. Vincent de Paul, culled the books, completely wiped down a bookshelf.... dude, I am on a roll! Which is, of course, going to be sadly interrupted when I head to Sacramento this weekend, which means I will probably be completely out of the mood by the time I get home! But, I am planning on conscripting some friends (and a steam cleaner) at some point in the nearish future and doing some serious spring cleaning/re-arranging. It's just so weird, I almost feel like an adult!

No comments: