Monday, June 27, 2005

Yes, yes I am still alive

Hello!! I return from my weeks of lazing about to catch you up on the nothing that I have been doing. First, my garden is torn between taking off (PEAS........EVERYWHERE!!!!!!) and doing dead nothing. Second, the weather is the weather and has been doing whatever it wants. Third, I went and saw Batman Begins, which was awesome, and fell in love with Dr. Krane, leading me to watch 28 Days Later. Although usually billed as a zombie/horror flick (it definitely is) it also raises a lot of very interesting and thought-provoking questions and the nature of humanity and violence. However, I do NOT recommend this movie for people who can't handle violence and blood. Yours truly watched several chunks by counting stitches on my fabulous shawl. Ninth, I've been working at my old lumber yard job doing little projects to earn the much needed cash for Camp. Sixth, Jane Eyre is really a very good book and my next serious book to read is Frankenstein. Seventy-second, I've been trying to catch up on all the little things I've been meaning to do for ages. XIC, I drove up to Eugene for the Black Sheep Gathering where I got to see lots of cute, fuzzy animals and play with all kinds of fabulous fibres. F, I tried out for the Rogue Valley Opera's winter production and didn't do too badly, although I won't know the results for a week or two.

Now, you all need to pick yourselves up from where you've pretended to die from boredom. I'm planning on having another long hiatus while I'm hanging out at Campmeeting in Portland so I hope to see some of you there and as for everyone else, have a wonderful Fourth of July and I'll bore you all later!!!

PS Pheather, about the annotated bibliography, you were mostly right. It did help me a lot because I had to figure out what my sources were really saying, which involved reading some of them and then I could clarify their relevance to my study. However, some of the annotations were definitely leaning a bit towards the vague and fictitious side because I just didn't have enough time to go through every stinking one of them. But I'm so glad it's all done!!!!!!

1 comment:

Pheather said...

Okay, I agree about the annotations, both points are correct. I just remember setting about them with such dread, but appreciating that I had done the work when I was done (the procrastinator in me was very appreciative).

Secondly, Jane Eyre is definately good, but I don't remember anything else by a Bronte (Remember Wuthering Heights???). Frankenstein is a must read, and is very deep. If you are in a serious book mood, you should read The Red Tent (it is newer, and about Dinah Jacob's daughter and Joseph's sister in the old testament). I just reread it, and I forgot how wonderful that book is.

Have fun at camp!!!