Monday, November 28, 2005

Oh the weather outside is...

...really unbelievably bad. It's this fabulous combination of freezing rain (literally) and wind that has resulted in my pants being soaked and me being loathe to move my carcass beyond the four walls of any building. Thank heavens for The Trenchcoat, which has once again saved my bedraggled self from thorough soaking. Ohhh, you should see the trees blowing in the wind out there! And it looks like they may have closed the pass.

Now, I know some of you veterans out there are reading this and thinking "hmmm, this sounds familiar... like the final repeat of a chorus I know all too well..." and you're right. This is a what-paper-of-course-I'm-working-on-it-why-wouldn't-I-be-oh-look-a-bird entry. The paper in question is my Latin American Geography paper which is (surprise, surprise) overdue. I've been trying to blame Joel and senioritis for this and the fact that I have a term's worth of International Economics to do in a week, but he refuses to take the blame, leaving me responsible for my own actions (pfff!). But take heart, dear readers! If I can pull this last rabbit out of the hat, along with a gerbil or two, I will be DONE and this chorus will no longer ring joyously in your ears!! But until then... expect at least one more entry this week; I have a lot of homework.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm so thrilled to see that I am thee first one to post a comment here.

To answer one of your "thoughts"... yes they have been closing the pass. I was looking on the TripCheck.Com earlier and there is a sevier weather warning in effect. Three simple words... LOTS OF SNOW!!!

How exciting to think that Medford could possibly have a white Christmas, wouldn't that be wonderful! Any snow up on your hill yet Mindy?

Whats the status on the car?

Mindy said...

Mom and Dad got the window replaced (guilt, guilt) but it cost an arm and a leg. Still, I must admit I'm glad it wasn't MY car. *hangs head in shame*

It was snowing at the house this morning when I left and I hear there was enough to cause wrecks on the hill. I'm staying the week with Jim and Flora, so unless it gets REALLY cold, I won't see anymore than what's on the mountains. I dunno if we'll have a white Christmas or not, but this IS our second freak snowstorm of the year, so we'll have to wait and see. My family is actually going to the coast, but I'm sure I'll get to see you at some point!

Yeah, Sam and Virginia are stuck in Redding for the night. Thank heavens it waited til (almost) everyone was home from Thanksgiving!!

Bryan said...

Punk. Graduating. Leaving me alone - I never see Ken anymore - out at the Liberal Bastion of Southern Oregon.

Well, hang in there kid. Your future is on the horizon. Somewhere out there, a mexican needs a translator.

Mindy said...

Well, Bry, at the rate I'm going (messing around on the Internet instead of finishing extremely overdue paper) I may be around next term. *screams and pulls out hair*