Monday, February 13, 2006

` nhbgmjyutnfryujhmn

The above is the noise my face makes as it hits the keyboard. I have been unbelievably ill for the last three days, with fever, swollen gland, stuffy nose, periods of utter and complete exhaustion, accelerated heart rate, the works. I had a recital for a friend yesterday and started sweating so badly that I thought I might drop my violin, but things turned out well and her mother even commented that on stage I didn't even look sick. Mum always did say I should have been an actress. So, CrazyLady, I'm afraid this is my cheesy apology for not emailing you sooner. I was going to do it this weekend but lacked the energy necessary to press that many keys.

I realize that some of you probably thought that this year I wasn't going to do a Valentine's Day tirade because my heart had been tenderly wounded by gentle Love's arrow, to which I reply "HA!" Valentine's Day still stinks and Joel and I have mutually decided not to celebrate it more than his calling me to sing his song "Valentine's Day is a Drag." Oh, I have a card for him and everything, but he's not going to get it until he's not expecting it. Once again, I would rather have my significant other SURPRISE me someday when I'm not expecting it rather than simply because he has to. V-Day should be about showing love to everyone, and not in some commercially-exploited manner either. Oh hey!! Why don't we declare Valentine's Day an official "Go Volunteer" Day?! I'm not hearing a very enthusiastic response out there... Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go back to bashing the day itself, and conveniently enough, someone else has done that for me here: http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=5861&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657&menuid=6?GT1=7778
I totally concur with these points, minus the one about dating around. So there, Hallmark!! Have at thee, oh exploiter of singletons' feelings of loneliness and couples' indoctrination that romance must be scripted on a certain day!! Anyway, I have several other things to rave about and hopefully I won't keep you waiting too long.

PS Can anyone explain how to embed the hyperlink within the text? I tried and failed.

8 comments:

Rational Icthus said...

I sense a bit of "embittered singleton angst" still lurking in the shadows of your mind.

And I assume that you would also insist that no one celebrate your birthday, because we ought to celebrate your existence each and every day of the year?

Rational Icthus said...

Oh, and the way to embed would be the following:

<a href='LINK HERE'> Descriptive Text <\a>

Rational Icthus said...

Sorry, link is actually...

<a href='LINK HERE'> Descriptive Text </a>

Anonymous said...

Nope. Birthdays are NQTSTAA. *grins*

Rational Icthus said...

I'm guessing "Not quite the same thing as..." but I can't get the rest...

Stacy said...

Hey Minday today is Feb. 22, 2006

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!

Mandy Sue said...

Hey Mindy, News flash, It's the 24th....time for a new post

Mandy Sue said...

ok Mindy, time for a new post