Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Repeat after me...

Hey gang! It's finally raining here again, thank the clouds above. Don't get me wrong, the sunny days were gorgeous, but it gets cold when it's clear at night. And there's nothing to compare with brooding in a chair in front of a window that looks out onto, well, okay, onto a fence, but it has sky above that and the skeletal limbs of several trees, their nakedness reminding me of the scarred, barren land that is my heart. *giggles* Yeah, I thought that was pretty melodramatic myself. But really, a semi-comfy chair, Jane Eyre/Jane Austen/Lord of the Rings, and tea.... what more can I ask? Except Firefly on a large-screen TV, which I now have!

There used to be something else here. Again, I'm hoping the wrong people/person didn't read it before it was changed today, 2/25.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! :) I finally spelled gringa and guadalajara right (stop laughing!)...so I was finally able to sign in and actually read your blog. :) And besides missing you and wanting to see you, I thought I would remind you of Romans 8:28...ALL things work together for good to them that love God! And Joshua 1:9. :) So, take care of yourself! You deserve so much more!! Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mind,
Sorry to hear of all the *tough stuff* going on in your life, but you're in our prayers. Also, it's good to know that you have discovered the series "Firefly", which Kami and I just finished watching. If you haven't seen the accompanying movie "Serenity" yet, watch it (or watch it again after viewing the series... You'll see it in a new light...) Anyways, do check out that verse that frizzball mentioned, and remember someday you'll look back on this and laugh!
God bless,
Kev

rhythmrail said...

Hi Mindy,

I need to whack myself across the head for not keeping up with your blogs.

I can't believe things didn't work out between you and Joel. If it's any consolation, I want you to know my heart cries for you (the tears are approaching my eyes even as I type). I held out hope for you two: fiery energetic Min and quiet rebellious Joel. A classic knight meets sassy maiden story.

Oh, it's painful! A broken heart is so painful to carry around! I had the misfortune of carrying it five years ago!

I'll continue to pray for you. At this time I can only suggest that you wrap yourself in God's arms.

Your blog cleared the NYC smog from my head! You'll be hearing from me soon.

Big Hugs ;-) :-)... Love you Min...

rhythmrail said...

Uh, lest I forget, the alias for RHYTHMRAIL is CrazyLady!

Glad to read that you're keeping busy, despite the emotional rollercoaster!

Hope to see you at camp this year!

LaDonna said...

I love you Minders! I'm working on catching up on reading everyones' blogs and I just finished yours. You have managed to make me want to laugh and cry throughout your posts. Even though we haven't had our phone chat that we are in dire need of, I'm still praying for ya! Do we need to schedule a time to talk so that you can pencil me in?