Wednesday, September 10, 2008

*blip*

So before we get to the title, I just called this customer service line for some info I needed for work, and the guyI talked to had this fabulous British accent (not your BBC accent, either) and he called me "my love" twice and it was so charming!!  I know I'm supposed to be all offended that he was sexist and everything, but I'm totally not.  It may have repaired my day, in fact.  Also, I have started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Joss Whedon's version); I'll let you know what I think.

On to the title.  Apparently the end of the world has been put off another month or so, since right now the collider is only shooting particles in one direction, but yesterday as I was driving around I was thinking how strange it would be if the scientists did create a black hole (very highly improbable) and the planet (and, therefore, humanity) were sucked into it almost instantaneously.

*blip*

And we would never know.  Every one, every thing, just ... a black hole!  Just think, all of our wars, all of our pollution, reduced to the very atoms of the weapons and smog that form them.  In one way, it is beyond ridiculously depressing, but in another way.... it just kind of puts things into perspective, doesn't it?  All of our anger, our petty jealousies, hatred, racism, the Internet, things that exist solely because humanity exists, would simply *poof* into non-being.  And the elections would be over.  Hmmmm...... 

But for those of you who are wondering has the large hadron collider destroyed the world yet, click on the link, or come to your own conclusions!

No comments: