Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Cuatro de mayo

So, this post is for those of you who didn't know that Cinco de Mayo is NOT, repeat NOT, Mexican Independence Day. My faithful friends from my venture in said country will remember that we celebrated that particular holiday in September with much partying and yelling. It is rather the anniversary of a battle fought in the city of Puebla where the rather badly out-gunned and manned Mexican army defeated the French, who at that point had the best army in the Western world. But still, WHOO HOO MEXICO!!!!!! I'm considering going to the Latino Student Union bash tomorrow night and hanging out with my fellow Spanish majors. Could be fun, but I'm sure I'll have to endure my parents oh-so-subtle question of "so what's his name, dear?" *rolls eyes* I go to a few concerts and now I'm in love. Who knew? Oh well, I've gotta go, as my library session is about to time out. Night, all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Si puedo hablar mañana, podré contestar las preguntas de mi profesora con algunos hechos pequeños de este día de fiesta... ¡Gracias a tú!

Bryan said...

Happy Mexican Independence Day!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a brat, how dare you say that, after she just got done explaining that Cuatro de Mayo is not a Mexican Independence Day.

The nerve of some people...

= )