Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Things You Have Missed

I am sitting in the computer lab watching the pouring rain and waiting until I can walk to the library and get some stuff done. This weather started on Friday with a magnificent, fabulous, awesome, woooooowwwww thunderstorm Friday night. Joel and I were in Ashland for the Percussion concert and El Genius decided we should go walking in the torrential downpour which wound up with both of us soaked but was actually a lot of fun! The thunder and lightning lasted until about 4 or 5 Saturday morning, which did nothing for my beauty (or even vitally necessary) sleep. So, yeah, Memorial Day weekend, after two days of over 90 degree heat, was cool, cloudy, and slightly damp.

A quick update on the Things You Have Missed, as I have been desperately trying to cram 3 gajillion things into the last week of school (see post from end of last term. Can't remember the title.) but this time with my Capstone (humongo project required for graduation) hanging ever closer over my head: several rather angry rants on a variety of subjects, many reflections on the weather, ravings about YSSO and Percussion concerts, more ranting, wails about how overwhelmed I am, thousands of happy comments about my fabulous garden, slug murders involving beer and much evil laughter, panic over state of violin pieces to be played next week for assessment, rant about third Star Wars movie (you may still get that one), comments about the state of fellow students' clothing, complaints about skin disorder (I feel like a leper and my skin is beginning to resemble hamburger but I can't quite scratching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), quiet thoughts about the beauty of tea and Jane Austen while on my covered patio during a light drizzle, ravings about Capstone class (though I have got a lot of my current knitting project done in there), more panic about Capstone, and finally....oh rats, I waited too long and the rain is starting up again. *le sigh* Well, I'd better either get back to work or trot over to the liberry. Have a nice day all!!

PS Congratulations to all of my cousins who are graduating!!!!!!!! This would be Joshua, Troy, Jennifer, Andy, Jody, Chelsea....umm, Jacquelyne and Jasmine....and I think that's it. But congratulations, guys!! (Especially to Jen, who graduated first ;-))

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Second!

Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken I believe that was one big sentence, nice work Mindy!

Good Luck with the Graduation "stuff" = )