Monday, May 02, 2005

April showers bring May showers

I have given up on attempting to figure out what to wear based upon any sort of weather watching. If I wake up and it's pouring and I therefore dress warmly, by noon it will be beautiful and hot. The reverse also holds true and might I just add that neither is conducive to personal comfort. Not that I don't appreciate the wonderful storms that have been blowing through, including the big, thundery ones. *shivers happily* I love springtime, I really do.

I went to the Day of Percussion concerts here at school on Saturday. Now I want to learn how to play the drum, get in touch with my primitive side. *grins broadly* One of the performers performed a piece (if it can be called that) in which he played his body. Very interesting, I must say. It was one of those things that makes me think that modern art really needs to be careful about taking itself too seriously, although I did enjoy it.

The kindly RN at the Health and Wellness Center has diagnosed my widespread, insane, ARGH!!!!!!!!! itching as an allergic reaction to some unspecified something. *sighs* At least if it were poison oak I would know what the problem is instead of what it might be. And I could blame the cat. *grumbles* I'm having senior year hives flashbacks. This time I'm not in the ER though, so I'm happ(ier than I might otherwise be about ITCHING EVERYWHERE FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!!!). Wait, I think my medication has just kicked in......hallelujah!!!! I'm am virtually itch free!!!...... for now..... *ominous background music*

Chris, I knew someone was going to say something about my wistful "why can't we all just get along?" A sinful world, by definition, knows that what it's doing is wrong, or else it wouldn't be sinful, so I refuse to let them off the hook. They know to do right and don't. I'm not going to sit by and sigh "they're just a sinful world and don't know any better so I can't expect anything better from them." And yes, to a certain extent I do view our military shenanigans in Iraq as senseless violence and I'm not going to get into an argument with you about them.

PS I have been informed by an online quiz that I am 45% normal. Well duh!!!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

The rash is probably just the physiological reaction to the bitterness of being single.

Oops, I just had a "colorful" thought. Better keep that one under my hat.