Thursday, August 04, 2005

Heat Wave!!

For anyone else who's going to Midwest, I just checked weather.com and it looks like it's going to be in the low 90s (translation: steambath) during camp. The only potential upside is that there may be thunderstorms *smothered maniacal laughter*Lightning!! Thunder!! Wind!! Hopefully I'll be indoors for all of these because the last major storm I was in wound up with me getting soaked. I don't know if this little Oregon flower will survive the humidity or not, though. I am a delicate blossom (that's enough with the snorting!!) and humidity does bad things to me. Our weather here is supposed to spike back up to the 100s, just in time for Dad to get back from the Boy Scout Jamboree and try to work before we head to Midwest.

Oh, quick interesting fact that my co-worker (we're calling this a break) just told me: China has more English speakers than the U.S. Now before you all gasp "that's not true" I present some data (datum?). The estimated population of the U.S. is 295,734,134. The estimated population of China is 1,306,313,812. With that many hundreds of millions more people, is it really at all surprising that more of them than us speak English?

Ah well, I'd better get back to work. Oh that's right, I thought you would all find it entertaining that I just sent said co-worker into near hysterics because I'm going through our entire customer database correcting things like misspelled names and discrepancies in account names. She says I'm anal retentive, I say I'm accurate.

No comments: