Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Why do people live in the Central Valley?

Okay, I know the answer, really. In the spring it's absolutely beautiful here, the mountains, when you can see them, are amazing, and the soil is fabulous for agriculture... unless it's been over-fertilized resulting in salinization or had the top soil raked off to make way for suburban sprawl. However, fresh oranges and warm winters are nice. Unfortunately, the summer heat is a little difficult to take at times. I'm sitting in College of the Sequoias computer lab goofing off until Joel gets out of class and then he's taking me to the airport. In the meantime, I have some minutes to kill and thought I'd update stuff.

I'm alive and doing much better than I was four days ago. It's amazing what getting away from my problems can do...okay, I didn't get away from them, but I haven't had to think about them, and the J***** household is a very nice place to just hang out and relax. I still haven't found another job and we're still house-hunting, but I did buy Mom's car, so I don't have to worry about that for another month and if worse comes to worse, I can always work fast food, right? Wrong, yeah, I know, I wouldn't be pulling in enough money to cover my bills, but you get the idea. Oh yeah, anecdote time, the other morning I heard the sprinklers go on and thought I would go check the spray pattern so I could move any plants that needed more or less agua. I pulled aside the shades and beheld a 15-foot geyser erupting from the ground. Seems a little piece had come loose and wasn't breaking up the water stream into spray. I was a little perturbed as I don't exactly want my apartment manager nosing around and finding out that Bri is still in the house, but it was a pretty geyser and it watered fairly well when the breeze was in the right direction. Anyway, after the water shut off I went and checked it out, found the little piece and all was well. Wow, what a boring post. Oh well, at least you know I'm alive, right?!

1 comment:

MsPoppins20 said...

I thought that your post was quite entertaining and not boring in the least. A 15 foot geyser sounds fun and exciting!