Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Winds of Change

Things are just crazy around here, let me tell you. I got a phone call last week inviting me to interview for a Human Services position with the State in Ashland and spent all weekend freaking out about whether I should stay in my current job, which I really enjoy, even when it's insanely busy. I spoke to my boss about possibly going to the interview (yes, I thought it was better to be honest, thank you) and wound up talking for two hours about not just the jobs, but my negative self-image and all sorts of fun stuff. So, I've decided to stay with my current job, as I think I'm not very likely to find abother work environment quite as nice (we have good people and no internal politics that I've noticed... possibly because everyone is too busy *grin*)and because I think having the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of HR with be good for me.

ALSO, we are moving. Over the weekend we found a three bedroom, two bathroom HOUSE with sewer, water, and garbage PAID for $925, and we jumped on it. I'm reflecting on this with especial sweetness right now because my neighbors have their music so loud that I can hear the words and feel the wall shaking. Anyway, the only complication is that we can't get out of the 30-day-notice clause at the apartment and the new landlord needs us to move in by October 1st, which means we're going to be paying rent on both places, plus all the move-in fees on the other place. Things are going to be tight. But this is life, I guess. Alright, I'm going to leave you guys alone and go draft my 30-day notice letter. Tomorrow I get to call and ask that they pro-rate our rent and save us maybe $60... that would be nice...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or are you more excited about the house than I thought? 'Cause I counted the same post three times as I scrolled down. But yes, it's a splendid thing, and bears repeating...

Falling LEAVes said...

"Winds of Change" is one of my favorite Kutless songs off their newest album... off=topic i know... but that was just a tidbit about your title