Thursday, December 08, 2005

Voices

Somewhere in this house there is a radio, and it's on, so I can faintly almost hear voices and music, but not enough to find the source. It's kind of irritating/spooky/argh! Our frost has turned now to rain, which will hopefully NOT turn to ice tomorrow. I am sitting at the computer, trying to understand stupid, wretched, evil, twisted, sadistic, incomprehensible Economics. It doesn't help that I'm trying to learn it by reading, which, I never realized before, I don't do very well. In a subject like this, I need to hear the professor present it, especially since they tend to condense and simplify. *sighs* It's really, really hard not to get depressed. Poor Joel. This makes two nights in a row now when he's had to deal with me wallowing in the murky mire of self-pity and recriminations while attempting Econ. And the worse part is, there's really nothing he can do. Other times when I'm depressed he can be sweet and kinda jolly me out of it, but when I'm depressed because my homework isn't done and it's the end of the term and I'm staring down the barrel of the cannon that is This Friday.... well... I'm afraid there's not much he, or anyone else for that matter, can do from a distance. What I really needed was a good long hug. But tomorrow is another day and I'm sure I'll be bouncy and cheerful enough to sicken all but the strongest of stomachs. And YES MOTHER, I KNOW I AM A LAZY SLACKER!!!!

7 comments:

Bryan said...

I love ya Mindy. Come see me for that big hug... ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I'm so sorry you're down. *sighs* Wish you were closer. Go get that hug from Bryan. If you still need another one, hang in there untl tomorrow.... And remember that you promised to call me anytime if you needed to talk. I'll be praying for you. Lots. I love you too!

MsPoppins20 said...

You know Mindy... there are treatments for people like you =)

Lets see here, since I just finished my abnormal psychology class I will use my new-found knowledge. I would say that you are currently exhibiting signs of Schizoaffective disorder, which basically means that you are hearing voices and are depressed at the same time. Sounds fun, huh? It was one of those classes where I had a new problem every week, and believe it or not,they closely corresponded with the topic at hand for that time period! And then I would start diagnosing my family and my friends and people at church... it got pretty bad =)

Rational Icthus said...

You mean I'm not SUPPOSED to hear voices??!! Hey, be quiet! What?? Leave me ALONE! I'm trying to wri--

This is Billy. Chris had to leave for a while. I'd talk, but I can't find my (eh-eh) slingblade...

MsPoppins20 said...

Nifty little fact that I am sure you ALL wanted to know... Multiple Personality Disorder is now called Dissociative Identity Disorder. The other one just wasn't PC enough I guess.

Rational Icthus said...

And that clears things up? With MPD, at least my different personalities could get along. Now with this "Dissociative Identity Disorder," my different personas won't even talk to each other!

Bummer! Billy is SO lonely.

Bryan said...

Mindy - I know you got grades....WHAT ARE THEY. Your devoted audience is waiting to hear...