Friday, December 02, 2005

Wanna see the world?

Yeeeeees!!! (That was a very pitiful 'yes' by the way.) I cannot tell you how upset I am that my financial planning skills stink so badly that I'm probably not going to be able to go to Spain to see Andrew and explore the other side of my chosen language. I know that if I borrow the money Joel is going to have a field day being deeply disappointed with me, and he has a point; I really can't afford to go any deeper in debt than I already am.... but, oh, I want to go so badly!!!! *sniff* And so it is that I gift to you, my dear readers, the following tip: Scandinavian Air has what it essentially an Advent sale. Every day until Christmas, they offer a flight to a different place in Europe, from Seattle (among other airports) for $299. Granted, once the taxes are added on, it's a little over $400, but, in case you didn't know, that is ridiculously cheap. Here is the address:

http://world.campaign.scandinavian.net/us/

Seriously, if any of you can go, please, do it. This is how I went to Norway several years ago and I have never regretted it. Life is too short and the world too big to stay in one place without ever leaving. If you want to save the money to go, start now, and although I can't guarantee the sale will be there next year, I can say that it has been for the last several years and even if you can't get this deal I'm sure there are others. But GO!!

No comments: