Sunday, October 14, 2007

Garbanzo Beans

I feel you should all know, one cup of garbanzo beans is more than enough for a batch of hummus. Two cups - more than more than enough. In my never ending quest to have food in the house (I miss my Nan!!!) I am endeavoring to get something made that I can get together quickly. I have discovered a new breakfast gruel (it's very nice, really, and I'm quite pleased) and I'm hoping to get a decent batch of pita bread and hummus made for lunches and stuff. In that vein, I soaked some beans in preparation of cooking and hummusing, tragically overlooking the fact that all of my pan lids are in the storage shed. Hello, brain? Anyone there? So, yes, I'm trying to figure out if I can circumnavigate this obstacle somehow or if I should just bite the bullet and go to the storage unit. I think I will circumnavigate. It is the American way. By the way, the weather was perfect today and yesterday. *happy sigh* I love the autumn.

1 comment:

Mandy Sue said...

hummusing? Very nice verbage. And this from a college graduate! :D

Hummus sounds yummy.