Monday, October 22, 2007

I yearn, I pine...

....for my USB cable that goes to my camera. My darling Nicio has (we hope) discovered it among the trappings of her end of the move, and I eagerly await its arrival here. I have some great pics of Lithia to post (possibly to Bebo) and I'm thinking that I would like to share some pictures of my NINE (9) houseplants. We had a new addition on Saturday with a very pretty little diefenbacchia (completely not spelled right) and so at lunch on Sunday, while the other people were sharing stories about their dogs savaging their plants, I shared my difficulties with the various petty jealousies and rivalries that spring up between my flamboyant varieties of foliage. No one believed me that the the Thompson's Flowering Maple had attacked the Peace Lily; I was quite hurt.

Hummus is pureed garbanzo beans with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and whatever else, for those who have asked. Unfortunately, my hummus still isn't done, as I nearly burned out my blender trying to get the stupid stuff to because a smooth dip to complement any pita bread I might have made. Bry's mom has said I can use her food processor, but I have to get to her house with the garbanzo gook to begin with! Some day, my fine legumey friend, we shall meet again, and this time I will be the master.

2 comments:

Pheather said...

Dearest MadamMin,
You can make hummus with a potato masher (as that is what i usually do instead of breaking out my blender/food processor). It will be the deliscious creamy goodness you yearn for.

Love ya, Pheather

Mindy said...

Really??? And you've had success, eh? I tried that for falafel, but couldn't really get it to smooth out. How do you get it a state of creamy goodness?