Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Ex-Boyfriend's Family

So, how many of you kinda cringed or something when you read that?  Because, hee!!!  It is so much fun to fling that phrase around.  Seriously, the reactions I get from people are hilarious!  When Joel first broke up with me someone asked his parents something about still talking to me and their response was a rather incredulous "HE broke up with her, not us!!"  I'm having dinner over at their house tonight with my parents, and rumor has it (I accidentally made Mom tip her hand) that Dad made dessert.  And once I get my dictionary (and drop my violin off, which has been in the trunk since Sunday.  Doh!), there will be Scrabble.  This isn't all to say that there haven't been some awkward moments (specifically those involving the new-now-ex-girlfriend) but since I've been friends with that family for about eight or more years now, it does seem a little like chucking the baby out with the bath water for us to quit speaking to each other. 

Ohhhhhh yes, and, a quick reminder: Friends do not let friends clap between the movements of symphonies at a concert.  Just so you know.  Because at Britt this last weekend....  oh heavens.  And I got a drunken, bottle-blonde divorcee ghost-conducting while lying on her back for one concert!  Free entertainment!  She and her cohort left during intermission (before the best part of the concert, I would like to add), which is probably a good thing, because if she continued to clap between every movement, there could have been violence.  A noob is allowed two movements; clapping after the third marks you as an unmitigated boob.  And prolonged clapping when everyone else obviously isn't?  Inexcusable (for the second post in a row.  I rock!).  Anyway, I'm taking off, gonna get the Baby out of the trunk and into the house, grab the dictionary and go eat pizza.  With my ex-boyfriend's family.  Hee!

5 comments:

Mandy Sue said...

Well I've heard your clapping between movements story TWICE now, but all the same, it is still pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it better that people clap than not show up at all. At least these ignorant people are supporting the arts!

Mindy said...

I don't mind too much when it's after the first movement, it's when they continue to clap, loudly, when no one else around them is.

Mandy Sue said...

I tagged you in a meme! Check it out at my place. :)

Falling LEAVes said...

yay!!! I can finally keep up with your blog. When I first signed up with bloglines, I wasn't able to add you to my blogroll... now i can and i have and will be reading your blog whenever you post mwa ha ha ha