Friday, August 29, 2008

Close Call

Well, so much for my accident-free discount on my car insurance. 

As I was turning from Foothill onto my street, this kid came up the hill behind me, going too fast and not paying attention, didn't see me stopped with my turn signal on, and swerved to the left to pass me since there's a concrete bridge abutment to the right.  Too bad he passed me just as I was turning. 

Actually, the damage to my car is really minimal, just some missing paint and slight body damage on the driver's fender.  It could have been so much worse, which I didn't even realize until I was talking to my dad about it.  If had started turning just a millisecond sooner, he would have t-boned me and probably killed me.  A very sobering thought, since I'm kind of attached to living and life and everything.  And a reminder of how much God watches over us.  And if I hadn't been turning, it would have been because there would have been a car coming, and he would have hit them head on.  So really, I got off easy.

After we did the info exchange and I called in the accident (stupid me, could have avoided the insurance up completely!), the guy went to get in his car.... and found he had locked his keys in the car.  And his cell phone.  So I gave him a ride to a friend's house.  After all, neither of us were dead and it was a beautiful day!

2 comments:

Mandy Sue said...

Thanks to my new-found google reader, I was able to find out you had posted a new blog in mere minutes after.

Well thank goodness you are ok. Good luck dealing with insurance--I hate accident follow-ups!

Anonymous said...

Insurance companies are certainly the lesser of two evils. I'm just glad you're still around to deal with them! God is good.