Monday, August 18, 2008

Signs that you probably aren't going to bond

At the staffing agency, we often received forwards from friends, family, whatever that were sent on to others in the office.  One day we were comparing favorite forwards and I showed my co-workers this, a clip that has always cracked me up to a ridiculous degree:

Really, the Numa Numa Guy has always embodied, for me, that certain quality, that je ne sais quoi, okay, the same thing that makes me dance in the car and makes faces out my windows at night.  And that makes me happy.

So, I showed this to my office mates and instead of gales of laughter (please, the eyebrow raise?  Ridiculously funny!) I got "some fat guy who was so nerdy he recorded himself dancing using his webcam?  Please!" 

.........

I should have known sooner, due to the post-luncheon "look at my new shoes!!" discussions and inability to keep necklines within six inches of collarbones, but I do believe it was at this point in our relationship that I really understood that we were never going to click.  At all.  Ever. 

To reduce the Numa Numa Guy to a nerdy fat guy was inexcusable.  Honestly, I think the Numa Numa Guy is probably way more interesting than certain of my co-workers.  By far.  To take what was obviously meant to be fun and jeer was inexcusable.  Numa Numa Guy, I think you rock.

PS  You know, I'm really not sure where this blog came from.....  I was trolling YouTube and for some reason decided to look him up and.... well, I remembered.  It's one of those things where the differing points of view can really signal a fundamental difference.  Not so much that they didn't like it, but how they criticized it.

1 comment:

Brinicio said...

numa numa makes me happy too. in fact watching again just now made me bob my head and dance on my bed. stay strong!!!