Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Snooooooow on the moooooountaaaaaains.....

*beat* and gray clouds in the ska-eee. In June no less. I wore my gorgeous but very lightweight bright fuschia blouse for my Capsone presentation today (whoo hoo!!!!!!!!! Too bad I have to finish up a bunch of stuff) and let's just say it's a good thing I happened to grab my turquoise rebozo because, baby, it's COLD outside. And we're having the Foreign Languages Dept. picnic today. But it'll be fun, especially since I'll get to see my Capstone buddies....not that I haven't been seeing quite a lot of them in the library as we as scribble towards the deadline. My next deadline, along with the final clean-up of the Capstone project, is my violin perfomance assessment tomorrow morning, for which I am supposed to have an analysis of one of my pieces, which is why I'm here in the library instead of practicing for said assessment. I think I'm going to have to plead other discipline Capstone as my excuse for what will be a lousy performance.

Oh, I'm in love with an unattainable man, too, by the way, and I don't think his name is Frank. It's the man who announces the beginning and end of the copy of Jane Eyre I'm listening to on CD. *sighs* The reader is rather awful and speaks in a dreadfully over-pronounced monotone, but in an effort to culture my lil' self, I am perserving, and as my reward, at the end of every CD, he speaks and tells me *big sigh* "end of disc four." I just melt. I can pretend he looks like the guy I saw in the computer la....oh wait, I just remembered that random people I know read this and are probably writing me off as a moony, lovesick, spinster in a gorgeous turquoise rebozo. Here's my answer to that: http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=4159&articleSrc=1&lid=90 Anyway, I need to research Schubert's violin piece "The Bee" and then go stuff myself with charred meat in the rain, so I'll wish everyone a good week and trot off!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I missed that article. *grins* I like item #7, personally. Thanks awfully for passing it along.
By the way, see if you can find ¿No Duermes, Osito? Very cute little book. Just read it while making crumpets.
Whoo hoo indeed on your Capstone!!! *insert rousing cheer here*