Sunday, June 05, 2005

Toast

Why yes, I should be slaving away devotedly at my Capstone! And yes, I am writing yet another boring entry about stupid things! But wait, a distinct feature of this post will be..... mention of the two girls who just walked in looking like slightly overdone toast!! Yes, while I may have made disparaging comments about over-tanning before (or have I? I can't remember. I know I have in real life.) they have never included snide commentary about the Olsen twin wanna-bes currently sitting, that's right, at this moment, in the library computer lab. I mean, a healthy-looking tan looks okay and I secretly have this thing for guys who are tanned from working outside, but there is a limit. Orange is not a color in which your skin should be appearing. I have tanned before and after sliding out of the alien brain-washing pod I held my arm up to my nose and sniffed. Not believing my olfactory sense I sniffed my knee. I would have sniffed more body parts, but I'm not quite that flexible. I smelled like lightly charred flesh!!! What does this have to do with your Capstone? I can hear you asking. Absolutely nothing, except for Simón Bolívar's premature aging in the novel El general en su laberinto can perhaps be attributed in part to his overexposure to the sun. Men, answer truthfully, is that orange look really that much more attractive than my slightly pale epidermis? Gak!! Ten minutes of reviewing my proposal down the drain!!!!!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Depends on the girl, but there is a limit. You have to see it to know where it's at.

Your skin tone is fine Mindy; you'll be far less wrinkled than those baked sweet potatoes when we reach that shriveled hour. ;)